1. A holding deposit of £200 is required to reserve the property; the holding deposit shall hold the property for a maximum of 2 weeks (unless otherwise agreed) and will be deducted from the overall deposit and/or rent due upon entry.
The holding deposit is non-refundable should you
- i) decide not to proceed,
- ii) provide incorrect information, or
- iii) have adverse credit/negative references which you fail to disclose prior to payment of the holding deposit and submission of the application form.
- iv) cannot provide a suitable guarantor where required
2. You agree to your information and tenancy application being processed by the company, landlord and reference agency where applicable. This does not affect your rights under the Data Protection Act (1998).
3. A tenant reference and/or assessment will be required in all cases, this will involve credit and reference checks. Additional guarantor checks may also be required. The “auto reference” service is an option and not connected or a requirement as a condition of the grant, renewal or continuance of any one specific tenancy with regard to the Private Rented Housing (Scotland) Act 2011.
4. In all cases applicants & guarantors must provide:
- i) Proof of Current Address – (utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement less than 3 months old)
- ii) Photographic ID (Valid passport, driving licence) are required by each.
5. Entry dates are approximate and may be subject to change.
6. When all assessments are complete and the provisional entry date is 3 weeks or more in advance then we will require the full deposit paid. The full deposit is non-refundable should you decide not to proceed.
7. Lease agreements are for a period of 6 or 12 months. The signature of each adult tenant/occupier is required on the Lease Agreement .
8. Payment in cleared fund of first month’s rent is due on entry.
9. Payment in cleared funds of one and a half months rent as a deposit is due on entry (subject to change depending on tenant circumstances). Alternatively tenants have the option of “Deposit Replacement Insurance” a non refundable payment of £200 per property or for HMO’s £150 per tenant listed on the tenancy agreement. It includes a deposit replacement insurance purchased on behalf of the landlord covering any damages to the property and allows us to offer you the property at a lower initial cost.
Either option must be paid together with the first months rent before entry.
10. Payment of future rental payments by Standing Order from one approved account only.
11. The lease will contain a clause stating mandatory rent increase of 3.5% p.a. (Following a continued tenancy of 12 months)
12. All leases contain a non-smoking and no pets allowed clause unless prior written permission is granted by the landlord.